Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blogspiration (26): I Will Treasure Your Letter


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.


If Potterthon has taught me anything (in its short life, so far), it's just how much Harry Potter means to so many people. In the past week, I've read beautiful stories about how Harry has changed lives, and I've laughed and cried along with many of you. Harry's changed many lives, J.K. Rowling's included, but few stories have moved me as much as the story of a young girl named Sacia. This will take a little reading, guys, but I promise you won't regret taking the time to read Sacia Flower's heartbreaking letter to J.K. Rowling, and the divine Ms. Rowling's moving response.

More on Blogspiration and Linky sign-up below the jump!

Le Rules:

  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.
  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Kristin and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!

Linky!

18 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful letters! As a writer, we hope to touch someone, though I can't imagine what it would be like to touch someone so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, huh? I actually cried a bit... Seriously, EVERY book I read changes me, somehow, and that's what I love about reading, and about authors--ALL of you are amazing ♥

      Delete
  2. I read those letters earlier this week and couldn't help but cry a little! Who the heck bullies a girl who has lost both her parents and is taking care of her own siblings, anyway? (May the bullies meet the same faith as a certain Crabbe..!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT? Oh ym goodness, I totally cried. The poor, poor girl... but the kindness in J.K.'s letter, not to mention in her heart. It made me sad, but also happy that there ARE people so kind in the world :)

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh. I recently discovered this on Twitter and was so moved by it when I read it! How amazing is this woman? I kind of wish she was my permanent pen pal or something. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness... can you imagine? :O
      I don't know what I'd sad, though. I think my letter would run along the lines of:

      AHDFAHGDHDSQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

      ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. Who says authors never read their fan mail? These letters are so beautiful. I didn't think I could love JK Rowling more but then this happens. Thanks for sharing Sarah. I feel so much more inspired to write so that I may touch someone's life like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? And that she took the time to write such a thoughtful, moving important letter... what this would have meant to that young girl is just WOW.

      I can't wait to see what you write, Lan! ♥

      Delete
  5. Awhh, this only makes my adoration for J.K Rowling bigger. It shows us that famous people can still be normal people like you and me. No arrogance, but only love for her fans - who loves Harry as much as she does. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? EXACTLY the same... and that's saying something :D
      I love this so SO much... it only makes me love her and Harry more, because it's so... oh, it's perfect and kind and real

      Delete
  6. OMG, wow. I never saw these letters before. That's just amazing. Very sad, but still amazing. I am so happy Rowling wrote back, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it broke my heart... but kind of gave me hope, too. I love the idea that a book--ANY book--can reach someone, and touch them and change them deeply. Beautiful, right? :)

      Delete
  7. That's such a wonderful set of letters! Made me cry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, me too! I cried, then I read it to my husband and cried some more ♥

      Delete
  8. I'm joining in on this meme. It's very cool!

    J.K. Rowling is my idol. I can't stop watching videos of her on Youtube. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, Cathy, YES! I ADORE HER!
      Thanks so much! I just saw your post and :OOO

      *is speechless*
      SO PERFECT.

      Delete
  9. I am so beyond words right now!! This was beautiful and I am SO moved!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)